Wow, I interned at The Observer a little over 4 months ago. Time flies. I remember my first day, I showed up in jeans and converse (my superior told me such a dress code was more than appropriate) and a nice top with a cheap blazer over it. Somewhere between my first day and my third week, I got the “swing of things” re the dress code. If only I’d caught on to the writing style that quickly!
First day assignment: “Vera Wang is using non-union workers. Here’s a phone number, an email address. Go.” About 2 hours later, I’d churned out my first blog post/ piece of writing, and I was hooked from there.
My favorite articles!!
- Vera Wang v. NYC Carpenters: This was my first piece, so, I suppose, it should be among my favorites.
- Tony Awards Red Carpet: When Daniel D’Addario trusted me with the Tony Awards (trusted? bribed? pitied?), my childhood (and adulthood) dreams came true.
- Harry Potter 7.2 Midnight Premiere: This one was epic. The fandom. The fanfic. The fucking bizarre ofPheads. In writing. SATC2 met its match.
- Christie’s Auction for Unseen Beatles Photos: My first foray into the business of art wheelings and dealings (and their after-parties), made all the more amazing with my co-intern and co-beast Rui Rui Kuang!
- Coverage of first day of Marriage Equality in NY State @ Manhattan
- Keli Goff’s GQ Candidate book launch party. I met my mentor(s) at that event. #worthit.